About the Role
1. Meets with internal customers to receive, review, understand project requests.
2. Initiates Enterprise PMO projects by applying critical systems thinking and effectively collaborating across strategy, business and IT functional areas to evaluate business objectives, identify alternative solutions, consider feasibility, and develop business cases.
3. Facilitates the formulation of project scope, objectives, benefits, constraints, assumptions, risks, and costs.
4. Prepares work plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources, project milestones, and review points.
5. Performs and manages program control functions, such as scheduling, risk management, communications and change management, cost and budget management, and program integration.
6. Performs content integration across all directly assigned projects, ensuring project status and dashboards are current in the program management information system.
7. Assists with development, implementation, and operation of project management office functions as assigned.
8. Prepares and manages project financial budgets. Monitors activity reports.
9. Demonstrates strong proficiency in the program management information system and the standard operating procedures, using them both to manage projects.
10. Enhances professional growth and development by keeping current with trends and practices through participation in continuing education courses, professional organizations, seminars and workshops.
11. Incorporates principles of teamwork with all organizational levels in the resolution, completion and follow-up of various responsibilities.
12. Displays sensitivity to and understanding of various cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in addition to the experience stated below.
3 years progressively responsible professional experience working on IT, business and strategy projects.
Ability to apply the project management tools and techniques of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and/or Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodologies.
Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and listening skills.
Excellent presentation skills and facilitation skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, project management software, and process mapping software.
Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
Experience with a large public or academic healthcare system.
Experience and proficiency with use of Workfront program management software system.
Training and/or certification in Lean or Six Sigma desired.
Wil need to move around intermittently during the day, including sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and ambulating.
Will need to remain still for extended periods, including sitting and standing.
Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
Ability to read job related documents.
Dexterity to use compute
About the Company
The MetroHealth System, Cuyahoga County’s public health system, and its staff of nearly 8,000 provides care at MetroHealth’s four hospitals, four emergency departments and more than 20 health centers and 40 additional sites throughout Cuyahoga County. The health system is home to Cuyahoga County’s most experienced Level I Adult Trauma Center, verified since 1992, and Ohio’s only adult and pediatric trauma and burn center. As an academic medical center, MetroHealth is committed to teaching and research. Each active staff physician holds a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Our main campus hospital houses a Cleveland Metropolitan School District high school of science and health. The MetroHealth System is committed to creating a healthier community.