About the Role
1. Provides research, analysis, and project management by:
a. Completing complex projects supporting the work of the CEO and EVP - Administration/COS.
b. Participating in organization-wide projects that require additional support in initial research, planning, and feasibility analysis support.
c. Producing reports; collecting and assimilating data; monitoring project performance.
d. Preparing policy briefings, talking points, presentations, and proposals for internal/external meetings.
e. Recommending policy changes and/or enhancements that are contemporary and reflective of best practices; ensuring that recommendations have system-wide applicability; implementing and disseminating policies.
2. Participates collaboratively in strategic planning processes; drafts/presents proposals for new and/or revised strategic policies, programs, and/or operating procedures; follows up on the statuses of strategic organizational initiatives; writes confidential reports and prepares executive summaries.
3. Conducts comprehensive research/analysis, identifies options, prepares/presents reports for management review, makes recommendations, and elicits strong support for potential actions and/or changes; investigates/analyzes best methods/practices relative to achieving hospital-wide or intra/interdepartmental operating goals and objectives.
4. Coordinates resources for project execution by:
a. Participating in defining project scopes and objectives, including interacting with relevant stakeholders.
b. Creating/maintaining comprehensive documentation for projects; incorporating management requirements and integrating them into project timelines.
c. Organizing/tracking workflows, schedules, and committee decisions; maintaining required records and files; compiling required statistics; gathering/organizing requested information and data.
d. Following up on decisions made and their status; ensuring projects are delivered within stated scopes and in a timely manner.
e. Ensuring compliance with hospital regulations, policies/guidelines, and federal/state/local laws.
f. Reporting back on project statuses, anticipated outcomes and/or costs, and potential changes/modifications.
5. Attends meetings and participates on committees, including but not limited to leadership planning meetings; presents proposals, findings, and best practice methodologies.
6. Proactively participates with internal/external stakeholders to conduct early analyses of potential initiatives, policy matters, and projects; analyzes issues and opportunities that could impact the successful execution of the CEO and EVP – Administration/COS’s priorities; provides strategic recommendations to addressing problems or opportunities.
7. Incorporates principles of teamwork and collaboration with all organizational levels in the resolution, completion, and follow-up of various responsibilities.
8. Enhances professional growth and development and keeps current with related legislative developments, trends, and practices; participates in continuing education courses, professional organizations, and seminars; reads current literature and maintains professional contacts within the community.
9. Displays sensitivity to and understanding of various cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Advanced degree (e.g., JD, MBA, MHA, MHSA, or MPA), or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in addition to the experience stated below.
Displays the ability to be collaborative and a quick study.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.) and Tableau.
Possesses a high degree of analytic ability, the ability to manage multiple priorities, and the ability to pivot from one assignment to the next with ease.
Driven by personal values that are consistent with The MetroHealth System’s values with a focus on the best interests of the System.
Enthusiastic, Upbeat, and able to manage stress of multiple competing projects and priorities.
Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of cultural, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Access and/or statistical software packages.
Prior healthcare industry experience (e.g., an internship, externship, fellowship, or applicable employment, preferably in a hospital or significant ambulatory setting).
Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Tableau
May sit, stand, stoop, bend, and ambulate intermittently during the day.
May need to sit or stand for extended periods.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required.
Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
Ability to see computer monitor and departmental documents.
About the Company
The MetroHealth System, Cuyahoga County’s public health system, and its staff of nearly 8,000 provides care at MetroHealth’s four hospitals, four emergency departments and more than 20 health centers and 40 additional sites throughout Cuyahoga County. The health system is home to Cuyahoga County’s most experienced Level I Adult Trauma Center, verified since 1992, and Ohio’s only adult and pediatric trauma and burn center. As an academic medical center, MetroHealth is committed to teaching and research. Each active staff physician holds a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Our main campus hospital houses a Cleveland Metropolitan School District high school of science and health. The MetroHealth System is committed to creating a healthier community.